Friday, September 28, 2012

The new tattoo

Two years after getting my AS from PCC, I'm finally going for my BS. Or should I say 14 years after taking my first college class at PLU, I'm finishing what I started. Either way, I'm in school and look how much smarter I am already! 

I'm taking a statistics class for business majors even though I want to major in biology. Or anthropology. Or science whatever so I can study dinosaurs. FOSSILS YAY! But the school has decided that I still need to take statistics. But it's okay because I love maths. Though I didn't know I loved maths until my third time in college circa 2008. Probably because I spent my high school years writing notes on my graphing calculator to my best friend rather than actually doing the work. Then I wondered why I got a D and stopped caring until I was in my late 20s and realized that math rocks. In class this week a student asked the prof if there was any significance of the mode and the mid-range being the same and in my head I thought: "uh yeah, that math is fucking awesome and symmetry is rad!" but I'm probably not one of the coolest kids in school. 



This is the Fibonacci spiral and it IS the coolest. As it would happen I got my new tattoo the weekend before school started. Because I went to the most popular tat shop in Portland I made my appointment back in May, way before I even knew I was going to apply to school. Because yes, I applied to school less than one month before fall term started. Sometimes I can be impulsive. Not usually, only when my future depends on it.

No comments: