Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I like my beer like my men...

...brown and alcoholic? Hmm, I'll have to work on that one.

I went to Alaska this past summer for two weeks and drank my way through Big Lake, Anchorage and the Kenai peninsula. That episode of Futurama when Bender becomes human? It was like that. Alaska rivals Oregon in sheer number of breweries and yes, they were all awesome. My #1 favorite was Naptown Nut Brown from Kenai River Brewing. I had a pint in a restaurant in Seward and Taryn had to threaten to get me a helmet because I bashed my head on the wall behind me while yelling how much I loved the beer. It was that good. I think about it once a week or so and finally decided to e-mail the proprietors and see what it would take to get them to send me some beer of my very own so I can stop living in a world where I don't get what I want when I want. Is this Nazi Germany? Communist Russia? Totalitarian North Korea? Nailed the trifecta.


~Hello makers of delicious beer!

I drank the crap out of your Naptown nut brown when I was in AK last summer. I still tell people about how amazing it is. How do you guys go about getting beer to people that are unfortunate enough to live in the lower 48? I mean, everyone I've talked to didn't even know the Dairy Queen in Soldotna burned down, can you believe it? I would pay whatever shipping you need me to, I seriously need a 6-pack or a growler of that beer in my fridge asap. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals even though I live in Portland, Oregon surrounded by amazing beers. Hazelnut brown from Rogue is my very favorite, but I could compare the two side-by-side and give you a full report if you'd like. Let me know what needs to be done and I'll do it. I just love beer so much.

Thanks for your time,
Nicole

**UPDATE** I received an e-mail from Amy at Kenai River that says they don't ship beer yet but they hope to in the future. Boo. Next stop: Knee Deep brewery in Lincoln, California. They have a vanilla bean porter that is to die for.

No comments: