Sunday, January 8, 2012

Music is like... music to my ears (part 2 of 6)

I'm not good with metaphors or similes. You'd think I would be but you'd be wrong. So, so wrong.

Some of my favorite presents haven't been things. They've been, you guessed it, experiences. This Christmas my friend Allie took me and another friend to a variety show and we got to dress up and drink fancy drinks and yes I did yell something about the man wearing an eye patch JUST as the music stopped but other than that it was awesome. Same friend (in it for the long haul sucker!) made me a CD for my 21st birthday that introduced me to Gorillaz (still one of my favorite songs) and, well, this. Which is also awesome, but in its own special way. For two years in a row my brother Nathan has taken the Paul Collective to the Trail Blazers v Suns game and this year I'm taking him (Uh, go Blazers).

For my Christmas (Xmas) / Birthday (Bday) present this year my darling Brin made me several mix tapes (CDs) and one in particular I was instructed to listen to first (called "Way Back Play Back" see how clever she is?). I couldn't listen to every song all the way through the first time around because I desperately wanted to hear what Brin put on the CD for me. What is on there is not so much music as it is my life. My life and Brin's life. There was a lot happening in the car ride home: dance party, sing along, laughter, tears. So... just a regular commute for me. With fewer swears. Nah, I'm sure there were plenty of swears.

In the hopes that just one other person will see just one song on this list and it will make them feel the way that I do when I listen to it, I'm putting the whole track list of the "Way Back Play Back" CD up here. It's that awesome. And yes I expect a few of these songs will be embarrassing to admit I like (love/know by heart/want to be buried to) but you know what, sometimes that's the price of happiness.

1 comment:

Amoris said...

awww, so sweet! Love Brin and love way back play back... so clever ;)