Monday, January 9, 2012

Way Back Play Back songs 1-5 (part 3 of 6)

Track 1: Hand in My Pocket by Alanis Morissette released 10/31/1994
In the interest of full disclosure this was NOT the first CD I bought but it was close. Alanis was just angsty enough for a white middle class blonde girl from the suburbs. Plus later she played God in a kick ass movie so she's got that going for her. PS- my first CD was Music Box by Mariah Carey. I was 12, give me a break.




Track 2: When I See You Smile by Bad English released 9/16/1989
Now we're talking. 80s ballad anyone? I have to admit I couldn't remember who sang this song but I knew all the words to the chorus and also I know I never ever want someone to write a song like this about me. And my LORD that hair. Everything awesome about the 80s is right here.





Track 3: She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals released 1/1/1989

The first two songs are awesome but THIS song made me yell "shit yes!" when I heard the opening riff. I mentioned Round Table Pizza in the previous post, that was our gathering spot every Friday night for many years. I watched the Blazers lose the championship to the Pistons (damn you Bill Laimbeer, damn you) in 1990 and again in 1992 to the Bulls. But Mario Bros on the arcade and this song on the jukebox really helped turn those frowns upside down.






Track 4: Superstar by The Carpenters released 8/12/1971
Yes, this one might be a little slow and yes it's a little old to be a childhood memory. But if you've seen Tommy Boy then you know why this is on the CD. That is all.






Track 5: Everywhere You Go "released" 9/22/1987
TGIF. Enough said. When there wasn't a Blazer game on we'd gorge on TGIF shows. Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers it's almost too much talent for one night. When we got older X-Files got added to the mix. Cause nothing balanced out the cuteness of the Olsen twins like Alex Krycek bleeding alien from his eyeballs.





1 comment:

Brin said...

Oh yeah... One Hand In My Pocket... I remember listening to the A.M. cd at that beach house we stayed at after we moved back from Illinois!